|Version 34 (modified by fbatard, 5 years ago)|
Three main tasks :
- Enchance the tasklist to find the optimal version
- Install XMLBeans under eclipse to replace Jaxb :
- Installing and testing with Jigsaw
This part will be devoted to the change from jaxb to XMLBeans.
In order to test that XMLBeans works under Jigsaw we 'll install jigsaw server and run several tests.
You can see the jigsaw installation further in the page.
Installing XMLBeans to replace Jaxb
First why XMLBeans?
Here are some answers : Xml parsers test suite
As it passes quite all the test we were confirmed by Yves that XMLBeans would be suitable in order to solve the jigsaw problems.
We had considered the XGEN parser for same reasons but as XMLBeans were more documented and known by the team here at W3C we decided to take it.
Here is the guide to install XMLBeans
Here is the help for the eclipse plugin
This plugin can't enable the download of the import in the schema xsd. You'd better use the scomp command to generate the java classes.
Here is some practice to test XMLBeans
Personally as we already have some tasklist and observers schemas we'll use them to test under jigsaw.
There might be a problem with classloader as you can see here
We could install and launch XMLBeans. We could generate the classes using the command:
scomp -dl -src ../generated observer-response.xsd scomp -dl -src ../generated tasklist.xsd
We'll now create a servlet to test XMLBeans under jigsaw, we'll only perform simple things to test it.
We created a test servlet parsing an old-version tasklist to print out the id.
We have to write the new schema for the tasklist. You can see it in attached files.
We had some problems configuring XMLBeans in order to launch it. Once the schema is compiled into jar files and java classes , you got to insert the jar in your project libraries.
The test under jigsaw was successful so we'll now begin to replace all the occurrence of jaxb in unicorn.
We have 2 problems currently in the first part of change for observation response :
- Date problems. The date we catch doesn't fit in Calendar java Type :
- The Longmessage doesn't include a content attribute like before so we have to manage it in an other way now.
- Same for A and Code tag
Download the appropriate version of Jigsaw on http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/
On Windows :
- Setup : go to scripts and click on install.bat
- Server launch : still in the scripts directory, launch jigsaw.bat . The command window should print the URL you'll have to enter in your browser.
On Unix :
- Setup : run the following command : scripts/install.sh
- Server launch : run : scripts/jigsaw.sh